The following is a list of the top ten actions to minimize the risk of being sued.
This list was compiled by the author as a result of various discussions with top malpractice insurance companies.
Accounting and Auditing in Volatile Times
- Tighten Up Engagement Letters
- Watch Out for Bad Clients
- Take Precautions for Fraud and Defalcation
- Protect the Privity Defense Against Third Parties
- Supervise and Manage Personnel
- Have a Workpaper Retention Policy
- Improve Billing Procedures
- Never Sue to Collect Unpaid Fees
- Tighten Up Workpapers